Are you having a housewarming party with a few of your closest friends?
Has your griller suddenly stopped working?
You are in panic mode about what to do?
Already your budget is constrained. You have invested so much in the house and all this party, and here you are with almost nothing in the hand. Even if you own a restaurant, finding budget-friendly is necessary, given the budget and overall structure of your restaurant kitchen.
Well, now you have a limited budget. With little to invest, and if you are down with what to do? We bring you grills that are few of the best grills and cost you less than 500. Yes, you heard it right, it costs you less than $500. These best grills under $500 not only cost you less, but they also give you the same cooking experience as any other high-end griller in the market.
- It has strong build quality
- You can use it as both charcoal and gas grill at the same time
- It has an easy-to-read fuel scale
- It has a grease collection tray at the bottom, which makes it easier to clean
- It is perfect for small gatherings
- It does not take much time to heat
How We Selected These Grills
After thoroughly researching this topic and consulting experts, we searched the market for the best gas grills under $500. With the help of their perspectives and our expertise, we evaluated these grills and others according to several criteria, including those outlined below.
Best grill Under $500 (Reviews)
1. Weber Spirit II E-310 – Top Choice
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
Weber Spirit E-310 is the perfect gas grills for people who always face issues related to packaging. It’s so perfect that it made me think if the packaging is perfect and how perfect the product itself will be. Trust me, the product is as perfect as the packaging, and you will know in a while. Now first comes the overall design. The design is sleek, shiny, and with a black and silver color combination.
It comes with three burners, each having a heating power of 30,000 BTU per hour, giving an overall 90,000 BTU of heating power, which is perfect for high-end cooking. The cooking area is 52 x 26 x 57 inches, which allows you to cook around eight medium steaks at once, making it perfect for a medium to a large gathering. Weber calls this particular grill infinity ignition, which means they ignite every time, even when the burners are turned on.
The best part of the grill is that it comes with a lid, which ensures that the heat remains within the griller. Also, the grill comes with two medium-sized wheels, which makes it easier for you to move around. It is a gas grill, which further reduces the hassle of heating charcoal.
- The temperature is adjustable as it has three burners
- It has an easy-to-read fuel scale
- It has a grease collection tray at the bottom, which makes it easier to clean
- It has an even heating surface
- The lid is not as deep as compared to other models
- The price might be a little higher as compared to other models
The Weber E–310 is perfect for people planning to have large gatherings. It heats evenly, making it easier for you to cook practically anything you like.
2. Char-Broil Classic 360 Gas Grill – Best For Under 200$
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
Style, sleek, and classy is the three words that I will use to define this classic black beauty grill. I mean, look at it; it’s so unique and high-standard that I just love watching it from afar (haha, jokes apart). Now this grill comes with three burners, with each having a cooking power of 30,000 BTU, which ensures that you have the power to adjust the heating of the overall grill.
It also has a side cooking burner with 8,000 BTU power, which gives you the power to cook something on the side while your griller makes some juicy steaks for you. I can’t stop talking about how multipurpose this particular griller is. It also has a side stand, where you can keep all the sauces or anything that you might need while grilling.
The lid further ensures that no heat escapes out of the griller. Based on the best grills under $500 consumer reports regarding Char-broil Classic 360-C grill, around 90 percent of the consumers are happy with it, and so are we.
- The ignition system is fast and does not take much time to heat
- The wheels at the bottom make it extremely mobile
- High-quality performance
- User-friendly design
- There is no temperature gauge to see the temperature
- The instruction manual is a bit tricky, but you are good to go once you sit down everything in front of you
The Char-broil Classic 360-C grill is perfect for anyone looking for a quality grilling experience. You don’t need to move in and out of the kitchen for anything. Although the instruction manual can be tricky, the customer support is quite supportive and responsive.
3. Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas & Charcoal Grill
- Charcoal and gas grill combo with 1260 square inches of cooking space
- 40,800 BTU gas grill with electronic ignition and 3 burners, 12,000 BTU side burner
- Adjustable grate height for temperature control; chrome-plated warming rack
When we talk about huge gas grills that are multipurpose and fill, you need economical gas grills, then Char-griller 5050 Duo is the best griller. It is perfect for those who want both gas and charcoal grills in one. The char-griller’s design is perfect in the sense that it is convenient for using it as both gas and charcoal grill at a single time.
It comes with two equal-sized grills, one for the gas and the other for charcoal grilling, which you can use together at any time, but I don’t find it safe for being propane supply at the side and ashes of coal on the other. But people have used it with no issues. Each of the three burners has 12,000 BTU of heating power.
However, it also has another burner at the side with 12,000 BTU of heating power. Heavy steel construction and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates make it stylish and perfect for long term use.
- It can be used as both a charcoal and gas grill
- It’s easier to assemble
- Given the features, it’s the best economical gas grill
- User-friendly design
- Using both the gas and charcoal grill can be a little unsaved
- The overall design is, although unique, some consumers have reported it to be less sturdy
The Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill is perfect for people who want to have both types of grills. It even has an extra cooking option on the side. The tray at the bottom can easily be used to place anything. However, I would try not to use it as a gas and charcoal grill at the same time. If you have the experience, then you can definitely opt for it.
4. Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill
- New (May of 2020) Porcelain Enamel Lid to eliminate any paint peeling or bubbling
- 525 sq. In. Of grilling surface (415 sq. In. Main/ 110 sq. In. Warming) with the ability to grill 20 quarter-pound (4 1/2" dia. ) burgers at once
- Compact 24" x 24" (lid closed) footprint perfect for Small patio/balcony is assembled in less than 30 mines with the use of Only 20 screws
Next on the list of best grills under $500 is Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill. It has one of the unique designs as compared to all the other grillers on the list. In fact, it looks like a mini spaceship but only slimmer. It is a small gas grill, but it has enough height for you to easily grill standing.
It is one of the best medium-sized gas grills, with a compartment to place the propane cylinder. The Porcelain Enamel Lid ensures that there is no cracking or paint peeling. However, the cooking area is small at around 525 sq, which makes it perfect for small gatherings. We don’t suggest using it for large gatherings.
It has only one burner, which you can adjust at 500 F within 5 minutes and can be overall adjusted to 250 to 700 F depending on how much heating you need. The overall heating power of 26 500 BTU per hour, which is perfect given the size and structure of the grill.
- It has an overall compact design
- It pre-heats faster
- The lid makes sure the temperature stays intact
- It is hard to handle the dual conversion burner
- There is no space for keeping the stuff
The overall verdict for Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill is that it’s perfect for small gatherings. You don’t need to spend on those very small gas grills that literally give you a backache.
5. Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
- Electronic Touch-N-Go with Propane Gas powered ignition system (propane tank not included)
- Dimensions - Lid Closed: 43.5"H x 48"W x 30"D | Weight: 91 lbs
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
Next on the list is Weber Performance Deluxe Charcoal grill, the best gas grill under $500. It’s the best economical gas grill as well as a charcoal grill. As compared to Char-grill 5050 Duo, It’s a safe option because of the overall design. You can use this grill as a gas and charcoal grill both. It does not have burners but a touch system that ignites the gas grill side.
It also has a lid temperature gauge to see the temperature when the lid is closed, and it also has a removable LCD cooking timer for the flat top grilling side. The ash collector makes it easier to clean, and no mess is created. You can easily use it for large gatherings with no concern of it being unsafe because of the overall safety design.
- It has strong build quality
- You can use it as both a charcoal and gas grill at the same time
- The temperature gauge makes it easier to see the temperature
- The removable grilling timer might be a put off because of a 99-minute time limit.
Overall, this grill is perfect for people who want to gas and charcoal grill at the same time. It’s safe given the overall design, especially the ash collecting trays and touch igniter.
6. Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill – Best Portable
- Two stainless steel burners produces 21,700 BTU-per-hour to heat 393 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Grill-Out handle light. Battery type: AAA
Weber Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill is fit for two to four people to use. It’s stylish and can be used as an outdoor gas grill. It is the best searing gas grill under 500$, with two table tops on each side to keep all that is needed closer while grilling.
Two stainless steel burners use 21,700 BTU-per-hour to heat 393 square-inch total cooking area, which is approximately 15 to 20 minutes of cooking the food. The lower storage area can allow you to place anything, along with a 20 lb. propane tank (which you have to purchase separately).
- Small and compact, easier to carry anywhere
- You can cook a wide range of items on it at the same time
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors
- There is no thermometer as the lids thermometer helps to cook food at the right temperature
- The propane tank might be difficult to attach for some people due to the different angle of the collar
It is perfect for small grilling needs. We won’t suggest using it for large gatherings. Just make sure you heat it correctly, and you are good to go.
7. Royal Gourmet Cabinet Propane Gas Grill
- 5 stainless steel tube burners (10,000 BTU each), plus sear burner (12,000 BTU) and lidded side burner (9,000 BTU); Total 71,000 BTU cooking power achieves even heat and juicy flavor
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates and warming rack offer a total of 797 square inches cooking area, which is consisted of a primary cooking area of 598 square Inches and a secondary cooking...
- Heavy duty full stainless steel double-layer lid for heat retaining; Built-in thermometer ensures accurate grilling zone temperature measurement
Royal Gourmet SG6002 is the best searing gas grill available in the market. It has five stainless steel tube burners (10,000 BTU each), plus a sear burner (12,000 BTU) and lidded side burner (9,000 BTU), which takes around 71,000 BTU cooking power, perfect for making juicy steaks within minutes.
One main griller inside the lid and a small rack for heating or cooking stuff that doesn’t need much heat to cook food. The two compartments at the bottom can help store anything that might be needed while grilling. Also, there is one side tabletop to place stuff, with the next side’s cooking area.
- It is the best inexpensive gas grill
- It is the best searing gas grill available in the market
- It has high heating power given the price
- Although the price is mid-range, it is very powerful and, in fact, perfect for large gatherings
- It’s lightweight, which gives durability concerns
- The lower compartment makes no way for venting the heat
Given the price and use, It’s perfect for gatherings and even occasions. If you are looking for a budget-friendly grill, this is the best option you can have.
What To Look For While Purchasing The Best Grills Under $500
Here is the buying guide for the best economical gas grills. Although there goes a lot into thinking when buying the best gas grill but since we have a limited budget and tips we have already mentioned, these five features are important to check while buying gas grills under $500 no need to worry anymore.
Before Buying the best grills under 500, we would like to give you some tips that would make it easier for you to select the griller for you. Even if you are in such a hurry, you have to make sure you get your research on point, and there is no way you are compromising on your needs and the quality of the griller. These tips, although you might have in your subconscious mind, It’s better to have a nice reminder of what to choose and, most importantly, why to choose.
1. Gas or Charcoal Grill
First of all, make sure you know the type of grill you want to buy. You don’t need to buy a charcoal grill if you plan to grill indoors. It’s not recommended at all. It’s unsafe and can cause your new house to go black due to coal smoke. However, if you have an outdoor area or a garden where you can grill, a charcoal grill is your best bet. If you want something convenient and you are not much into pre-heating and all, then a gas grill is the best option for you. You don’t need to get something that’s not easier for you to use.
In short, go for a gas grill if you hate coal smoke and all the hard work that comes with it. Especially if you are allergic to smoke, gas grills are your better option.
It’s unwise to go for even a best-value gas grill if it does not fit in your house or at least the place you have to use the grill. Check the space you have that It’s easier for you to move back and forth while grilling. Imagine you buy that fancy restaurant-style grill, and you don’t have much area. Especially if you are planning to use the grill inside the house. A medium-sized gas grill is good to go for indoor grilling as well as outdoor grilling needs. To get the best grill based on your space, you must check the space using a measuring tip. Note it down on the paper, and check the grills that fit your budget and space.
Just don’t buy a grill that helps you grill some steaks. Go for the ones that allow you to do much more such as grilling buns, grilling vegetables. In fact, if you want to smoke or even steam your food, you can even opt for the flat top grill. You can also check the versatility of your griller by checking if it has a lid or not.
You might wonder what pre-seasoned means? Well, pre-season, a grill helps to remove that initial sticky layer on the grill. It’s heating the grill enough not to let the food not stick on the grill. Now It’s not hard to season a grill. It just takes 30 minutes, and baking the grill at 400C with flaxseed or any similar oil does the job. However, It’s better to have a grill that is pre-seasoned, especially when you are buying a grill that you need to use urgently.
Go for the grills that are flexible and mobile. The ones that you can move easily from one place to another. Check if it is foldable and can easily be carried from one place to another. For me personally, the best grill is the one that I can even take on camping trips. So look for the ones that are flexible and mobile.
6. Height and Weight
Check the weight and height of the griller you are planning to buy. See, you have to move it around and fit it around in the house. You have to make sure to get the right thing in your hand. So check if the height is easier for you to grill, right? You don’t want to band over and over again, ending with back pain in the end.
7. Cooking Area
It is also one of the most important factors, but we are sorry to say to you in the end. Check the overall cooking area. If you are just two or four people, a griller with a small cooking area to cook four steaks at a time is good to go. But if you are someone having constant gatherings and friend’s meetup, you must go for a griller having medium to large cooking areas. You must make your gas grill the best value gas griller for yourself by knowing what you want.
- BTU: Ensure that the grill’s heating power is high enough to make food in the least time possible.
- Safe Operations: The overall operations are safe, especially if you are buying the duo grills.
- Durability: Lesser price does not mean lesser durability. Ensure that the overall design is sturdy.
- Maintenance: See if they are easier to maintain with proper trays and cleaning lids.
- Burners: Make sure that there are multiple or adjustable burners to provide the heat as much needed.
Which type of grill is easiest to clean?
When it comes to cleaning, stainless steel is easy to handle and cheap. Despite its quick heating ability, the material is not efficient at retaining heat, and it will rust over time so that food will stick to it.
What kind of grill is best for beginners?
A Weber Original Kettle is one of the best grills for beginners if you’re looking for easy-to-use, classic grills that won’t break the bank. The grill is affordable, offers excellent value, and is popular.
How do I choose a grill?
If you plan to grill ribs on the grill, select a charcoal grill that operates at a low temperature. Charcoal is a good option for foods that require a slower and gentle heat since they pick up the flavors of smoke and wood when cooked over the coals for hours. The best way to grill food quickly is to get a gas grill.
These grillers are perfect when it comes to heating, durability, versatility, and overall features, given the price. These best value gas grills are perfect for any occasion. The deeper you look into their design and features, the higher you are satisfied with these three Weber gas and charcoal grills.
If you have some other grills to suggest, you can comment, and we would love to review them for you.